ESG ethical approach
Capital Export believes that all financial activities must follow a rigorous ethical framework to contribute to the harmonious development of humans in their environment.
Capital Export has signed :
- the UN’s PRI (Principles for Responsible Investments)
- France Invest’s Charter of Commitment for Investors in Growth (since 2017, link in French)
- the Climate International Initative (iCi, link in French) – to affirm our desire to take action, help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and ensure the sustainability of the companies in our portfolio
- France Invest’s Gender Equality Charter
We have a Code of Ethics that formally defines our values and commitments as a responsible investor, with principles and objectives that guide our everyday activities. In 2020, we amended our Code of Ethics to preclude investments in businesses involved in extracting and producing thermal coal.
Visualize Capital Export’s Code of Ethics – 2021 (link in French).
A proactive ESG approach
Capital Export sees ESG as an integral part of our investment strategy, which is not just limited to financial performance.
Integration of ESG into the investment cycle:
- In the pre-investment phase: We conduct an ESG evaluation before the investment (compliance with our Code of Ethics).
- At the time of investment: We conduct ESG due diligence and include ESG commitments in the “legal framework governing the transaction” OR the “shareholders’ agreement”.
- During the investment: We collect ESG indicators (particularly through the annual survey) and help the management team improve certain aspects, if necessary.
Data collected during our annual survey is included in our public ESG report, per Article 173 of the French Law on the Energy Transition: ESG Report – 2020 (link in French).